Immigration Services

East Coast Language College cannot provide legal advice regarding visas and study permits. If you have any questions involving Citizenship and Immigration Canada policies, please consult a certified IRCC counsellor or check the IRCC website for all immigration related questions.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

Visa/Immigration FAQs

Q: Can I work while studying at ECLC?
A: If you are studying English as a second language, you are not eligible to work during your program.

Q: Can I work while studying at college / university?
A: Working on campus: If you have a valid study permit, you are eligible to work on the campus of the institution where you are currently enrolled. Working off campus: You can work part-time during your academic program (20 hours per week) and full-time during winter, summer, and spring holidays. You can work in any occupation and change employers whenever you like.
For more information about Temporary Resident Visas and Study Permits, please visit: 

Q: What is a Post-Graduation Work Permit?
A: The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through Express Entry.

Q: How many years will my Post-Graduation Work Permit last?
A: A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months.
For more information about THE Post-Graduation Work Permit Program , please visit:

Immigration Services

ECLC recommends the following companies to help with your immigration queries. They are members in good standing with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Board and are authorized to act on your behalf in matters before Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Servicexc Agency (CBSA).

These companies are available to assist students with initial study permits, study permit renewals, temporary resident visa renewals, and all other immigration related documentation and queries.

Lucas Nonnemacher, RCIC

T +1 902 452 9230

Immigration & Education Consulting

Sanghun Son, RCIC
T +1 902 789 3511

Daniel Billard, MBA, RCIC
T +1 902 830 7182

Caroline Lodge, MEd, RCIC
Paula Mercer, MEd, RCIC
T +1 902 802 4458